Why I created this blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, October 31, 2008

There is a right way to hold a chicken...

And this definitely isn't it.

Would you look at the face on that kid??? And the look on Penny's face. (Yes, as in "Henny Penny") You can almost hear what she's thinking. "Are you kidding me with this kid?!? I've got no dignity left!" HAHAHA!

OK, Here we go. This is the right way...


My girls LOVE to hold any chickens they can get their hands on. Usually they aren't quick enough to be able to catch one but this one in particular was being rather feisty and kind of aggressive yesterday and chasing after us, so Stinkbug decided she was going to just pick her up to "teach her a lesson". What happened next was pretty funny. Penny fell asleep. She let Stinkbug drag her all over the place and just kept her eyes closed the whole time. (Although, I play possum when I want my kids to leave me alone too, so Penny may be smarter than I'm giving her credit for. ;) )

And after the hold Stinkbug had her in, I think it's safe to say Penny will leave her alone from now on.

4 comments. Please click here to leave one!!!:

Michelle said...

oh, how cute! My girls love to get a hold of my brother's chickens! they give 'em rides in the back of the power wheels! heehee

Anonymous said...

Priceless. The look on Stink's face! haha Poor poor Penny.

Kaci said...

LOL! That's hilarious!

James Marie said...

Oh My... that is TOO funny! HA!