Why I created this blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I need some motivation today.

It has been one of those blah days already. And I'm tired today. I need some motivation to get my housework done and really start working out again. And I need to lose 40 pounds. Not an easy thing to think about for me and pretty overwhelming. But I need to do it.
After I had Sassy, I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. It makes any kind of dieting an uphill battle. Which means I have to work extra hard on it. But I am so tired of feeling this way. I want to be somewhere close to my pre-pregnancy weight and that would take a loss of 40+ pounds.
My mom recently lost more than that, and I really admire her drive and endurance. It's so hard to stick to something like that and see it all the way through. I find myself being highly motivated for a while and then just giving up.
What I find really hard is not knowing what is ok to eat and what isn't. Besides the obvious of course. But there are article and books and web pages on how just about every food is a "bad" food.
I've never been one to have a weight problem or have had to diet at all while I was growing up. But I realize that it's now time to do this. And the fact that I had to renew my license with the DMV and upon filling out the form for it, the DMV worker asked me if there was any information that I'd like to update on my license. (My license still has my weight as 105 lbs. HAHAHA!) So I looked at her with a "what are you implying" look on my face and said, "Um, no thanks. All my information is still the same" and just watched for her reaction.....ready for this?.......Her response was, "Well, I've always said that if you are pulled over, an officer isn't going to make you get out of your car and step on a scale, so I'd leave my info as is too."

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I mean seriously, did she realize that she said that out loud?!?!

OK, so here is what I need. ANY advice on what has helped you lose weight and keep it off. I know I have readers who have been and are very successful with dieting and weight loss. How did you stay motivated? What are the foods that you stick to and stay away from? Do you make separate meals for your family? Do you have any cookbook suggestions? How long do you workout a day and what do you do for your workouts? Feel free to email me your responses if you don't want to put it in the comments here. Mamaology@gmail.com

Alrighty, I'm off to tape up these old high school photos of myself on the fridge and get on the treadmill.
Mamaology


Mamaology


Mamaology


Mamaology


***Have I dated myself enough yet? And yes, I know...The dresses and hair-do's are bad. No need to comment on their awesomeness! Oh well, at least I wasn't in highschool in the 80's. They could have been much worse. Or not. LOL!

Although, I would wear those dresses every day if I had to, just to have those arms back.

3 comments. Please click here to leave one!!!:

Kaci said...

Total awesomeness!! ROCK ON!

Cari @ MamaOlogy said...

Um Kaci, you would be one of the dieters that I was referencing.... *wink*
Too bad you don't live here still. We could be workout buddies.

Anonymous said...

You can do it! Seriously WW rocks. Once you catch on it's EASY to stick with and the best thing about it is that no food is really off limits but it will teach you to make smarter decisions with what you eat.

I found our hardest battle is night time ice cream. When we did WW before we substituted it with very YUMMY WW ice cream treats, but they are expensive and just held on to the habit. This time we're done with it. No ice cream and no "healthier" ice cream instead. If we do have ice cream now it will be eating it out and not bringing it into the house.

I believe I've sent you my Word docs of all the WW meals I have no. I need to get some new things in there though. It's always nice to try new recipes.

You can totally do it. I know that. Just look at those pictures every day and remind yourself how badly you want to feel better. You might never reach those pictures, but aim to feel better (physically and about the way you see yourself).

Now can you give me this speech back? hehe Good luck!