Why I created this blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, October 17, 2008

Goodmorning Mommy

Hearing those words every morning just make my day. What a wonderful way to start the morning. It's usually Stinkbug that gets up first. RARELY does Sassy drag herself out of her princess sleep before 9. My morning schedule is first, get my husband off to work with something that resembles some sort of breakfast. I try, I really do. Some mornings, I'm just not into it. But I am trying so that's what counts right? Truth be known, I am not a morning person. Oh, I can pretend, and actually am MUCH more of a morning person than my dear sweet husband, but still not too into being up early.

As soon as I get him off to work, I will try to sit and read my scriptures or a good book and try to "wake up" and then I hear little footsteps and such a sweet little voice say, "Goooooodmooooorning Mommy" And look up to see my little Stinkbug standing there holding her teddy bear. She climbs up on the chair with me and we'll snuggle and watch a show or read while we wait for sleeping beauty to make her entrance. ;)

Sassy on the other hand is like her Mama. She's totally into night time. She will stay up all night if I let her. Stinkbug sacks out pretty early so I get my snuggle time with my big girl before she goes to bed.

I treasure these times with my children. I love that they still love to cuddle and want to spend time with me. I hope it always stays this way. Well....one can hope right? Too bad we can't make them stop growing and just stay little forever.

Speaking of being little, look at this picture I found of Stinkbug as a baby...

Look at those cheeks would you!?!? I can't believe how fast the grow up.

1 comments. Please click here to leave one!!!:

Anonymous said...

Really that picture seems like just the other day. I can't believe how time just keeps flying by.

Sweet post, Cari. :)