Why I created this blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Baby Goats! Awwwwwwww

So one of our neighbors have baby goats! They are 3 weeks old and just the CUTEST little things. They were hopping and playing together and the girls just got the biggest kick out of it. We are going to the sale yard as soon as we get the back fence finished to get some. They are great to keep the overgrowth down on the property and they are really sweet and friendly. You can even walk them on a leash! Don't believe me? Watch this...



SO CUTE!

Here are some pictures from last night...

These are a couple of the babies.
Sassy and Stinkbug can be so sweet to each other sometimes!
Hey Stinkbug....You should keep an eye on that mama goat behind you......
Stinkbug!! WATCH OUT! Hahahaha!!!! (No she didn't butt her. Looks like she was about to though huh?)
Sassy, the Goat Whisperer ;)
Mmmmm....shoes......
"What, I wasn't going to eat your shoes....really I wasn't " ;)
Sassy giggling at the goats eating hay out of her hand.
"What are you lookin' at huh?..........Aren't I beautiful?......Look at my smile :) "

And that's all the pictures for now. :) The girls can't wait to go back and see them again. And neither can I. Hopefully we'll have some of our own really soon. Definitely cheaper than the lawn mower we'd need for this place! And cuter too.

7 comments. Please click here to leave one!!!:

Sarahanne Schloneger said...

Very Cute i have six Goats and i love them with all my heart<3
i even brought 3 of them to the library and the church (for VBS)

I LOVE GOATS!!!
Sarahanne
Simeth
spooner,WI

Kaci said...

How cute are they!! AWHHHH!! I love your commentary!

Dana said...

How cute. I don't think I would be allowed one in the city.

Anonymous said...

hahaha that is adorable! I love goats. :)

Leah said...

we discussed having a goat to help keep back the blackberries and salal bushes that grow like MAD around here, but I just don't need/want to add another pet to our family, and I'm not convinved the goat wouldn't enjoy my rose bushes far more... LOL

They sure have sweet little faces though, especially the baby ones!

Mrs. Neu said...

eeeeeeeeee!!! i frickin' LOVE baby goats!! there's a goat pen at the livestock auction yard i pass every day on my way to work, and i ALWAYS slow down to glimpse the goats to see if they have more babies!! when you get one, can i name and co-own one and feed it and play with it whenever i come over???

Cari @ MamaOlogy said...

Of course you can Sher. That would entail you actually COMING OVER though. *wink*