Why I created this blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mmmmmm Cookies!

I learned a valuable lesson about getting ahead of myself this past week. I decided that I'd make cookies with my girls. Something I have done countless times before, but this time, I wanted to try a new recipe. You know the one. The recipe that has gone around in emails about the woman who wanted the recipe from Neiman Marcus and was charged $250 for it on her credit card. Yeah. That one. (The story is totally bogus by the way, check it out here) ANYWAY, I heard it's still a good recipe, true story or not. So I started making it and thought, "Wow, 2 cups of butter. No wonder they're good cookies." "Hmmmm, 2 cups of sugar and 4 eggs. That's a lot".....by the time I got to the flour and the blended oatmeal, I knew my poor little kitchenaid was in trouble. I should have taken the time to READ the directions first instead of just diving in. It CLEARLY states that the recipe can be divided in half. Had I caught that, I would have saved my mixer, and my arm, a LOT of work.
(This is just part of the cookie dough.)
See what I mean?

And while most children have fond memories of baking cookies with Mommy mine on the other hand will most likely now need a therapist.

**Here's the modified recipe. (No need to halve this one *wink*)

1 cup butter

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

2 cups flour

2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder)

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

12 oz. chocolate chips

1/2 8 oz. Hershey bar (grated)

1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet..Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 56 cookies.. Have Fun!!!






1 comments. Please click here to leave one!!!:

Jen said...

LMAO!