Why I created this blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, April 28, 2008

Funniest thing I've seen in a long time...

So some of you know, last week, I was attacked by one of our roosters. For those of you that don't, here's what happened...
I went into the coop to gather the eggs and this was the time Cooper (Rooster #1) decided he was going to be territorial. I heard him start flappin his wings from behind me and I thought, "Oh crap. This is going to hurt".

And it did.

He kicked me over and over again before I could get the heck out of there. I had welts all the way up my left leg from him. (Which have now turned into some really attractive bruises). Nice right?

So I tell Rodeo Man what had happened. His response..."He's never done that to me before. He must not like you.'

Duh. Ya think??

The very next statement that came out of his mouth was, "They wouldn't do that to me. They love me."

Oh really???

Rodeo Man still hasn't grasped onto the concept of "what goes around, comes around". Oh but just wait. He gets to "eat chicken crow" here in a minute. Keep on readin'...


Needless to say, I refuse to go in the coop now. I tried today. I really did. They needed to be fed, but Cooper wouldn't let me in the door. He just paced back and forth and puffed up his chest and crowed and sqwaked at me. So I thought, "FINE! They can wait till the Big, Bad Ol' Rodeo Man comes home and shows them who's boss. Since they loooooooove him so much"

When Rodeo Man got home, I told him of my attempt to feed the chickens. And I got "the look". You know the one. The "are you serious" look. So he headed out the door to take care of his love birds. And I decided that I wanted to witness what was about to unfold on him. I had a feeling to grab the video camera. It was RIGHT by the door too. Oh, how I wish I had.

I do have another witness though. Sassy HAD to go with me to watch. She and I stood far enough away that if Cooper escaped, we'd be able to run and get away from him. But close enough that we could partake in the Chicken Wisperers skills. And I have to say that after his reaction when I told RM what Cooper did to me, it gave me the giggles as I was watching him open the coop door.

It was fine for the first 15 seconds. And then it happened. They (yes they, as in both of our roosters.) attacked him. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life! I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did watching RM try to fight both birds off.

Rodeo Man won.

I did have my doubts for a second though. They almost took him out.

Oh....the look on his face when he stepped out....Oh my word! Priceless. (I think his feelings were a little hurt too HAHAHA!)

Guess they don't love him so much anymore huh?

Rodeo Man said, "Did you see that??"

"Yes honey I did. Next time I'm selling tickets!"



Here's some pictures of the little punks for you...

Cockadoodle do ;)


I dare you to come in here...

This one didn't have a name. Now we shall call him "Dinner" Muahahaha.

And Cooper. We are looking for a new home for him. Any takers??


I'll be posting soon about our new chicks that we're brooding. As in 15 more of them.

And Yes. I know I've lost my mind.

Stay tuned....

3 comments. Please click here to leave one!!!:

Jen said...

You seriously should put up a sign as a reminder to our husband that chickens and roosters can "smell the fear"

MUAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

I'm reading this in the wrong order but OMGosh! BAHAHAHAHA!! That is too too funny about Rodeo Man! *LOL*

Dana said...

That is hilarious. LOl. I can just image him running away.