Why I created this blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, April 28, 2008

"Butterflies come from "Racoons" Mommy"

***Edited to add a cute little bug over Stinkbugs cute little bum. So sad that some people get offended at seeing a picture like this and feel the need to leave a nasty comment anonymously. I wouldn't want to *GASP* offend anyone by posting a perfectly innocent picture (Yes, I'm directing this at you, Ms. Anonymous Commenter.)
It's a good thing she wasn't wearing her thong the day I took these pictures. (Before I get another "drive by" anonymous comment, that last sentence was DRIPPING with sarcasm)
ANYway...movin on to something that matters....
*
*
*
The conversation went a little somethin' like this...
Me: "Stinkbug, whatcha doin'?" (By the way, I think this is the best way to read a magazine. Don't you? HA!)

Stinkbug: "I'm lookin' at a magazine Mommy. Look at it!"


Stinkbug: "Mommy, did you know that butterflies come out of "racoons"?

Me: "Oh do they? Let me see"

Stinkbug: "Look, right there"

Me: "Sweetheart, That's called a cocoon. Or you can also call it a chrysalis"
Stinkbug: "I KNOW THAT MOMMY! THAT'S WHAT I SAID! A RACOOOON!"

Well, you learn something new every day huh? hahaha. Silly kid.



2 comments. Please click here to leave one!!!:

Beth said...

So cute!

She is so smart!

Anonymous said...

*LOL* A racoon! Love it. And I also love those blue eyes!!