Why I created this blog...

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. "
~Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, September 5, 2008

Ahhhh....another school year has started.

It's our favorite time of the day around here. School. Ahhhhhh....My girls just love it. It's amazing to me how they can bicker and argue to the high heavens, but when it's school time, there is not one fight. And we love the time together. I just can't wait to finish the school room. I'll post before and afters when it's all done. But for now, I'll just add the top 10 reasons why homeschooling ROCKS!

10. you can sleep past 6
9. homemade lunches
8. two words: field trips
7. dad gets to be the principal.
6. taking attendance takes less than 15 minutes.
5. free tutoring.
4. more free time for "socialization"
3. a chance to see that your parents really are smart
2. you get to hang out with your mom all day
1. praying is not against the rules!!!

This is going to be a great year!! I'll add my curriculum list soon. It's a fun one :)

any comments? I'd love to hear from you. Do you homeschool and have anything you'd like to share or comment on? What curriculum are you using this year? What other things are you doing for your kids?

4 comments. Please click here to leave one!!!:

Elfie33 said...

Just stumbled on your blog tonight. Good luck with your home schooling : )

Kaci said...

Yea happy school year Cari!

Anonymous said...

Happy new school year

Darci said...

You are Super Mom! Make sure to keep your kid's schedules a little open for play time with friends. We want to come play again.
I love your site.